HSP Direct’s Political Department is seeking an experienced freelance Political Campaign Copywriter with a passion for conservative politics to develop copy for its direct mail fundraising programs for their political campaign and candidate clients.
HSP’s Political Department works directly with top-targeted races, high profile candidates, leading conservative lawmakers, premier consultants, and has a real impact in campaigns across the country including working with multiple winning campaigns in 2020.
If you are a committed conservative and experienced direct marketing writer who wants the flexibility of working as an independent contractor — while having a real impact in electoral politics — then this is your opportunity.
As a Freelance Political Campaign Copywriter, you will:
• Research client campaigns and develop/maintain knowledge of candidates’ positions and strategies
• Write fundraising packages for congressional campaigns
• Build mail plans and meet rigorous deadlines
• Work with top political operatives and elected officials
• Ability to write multiple pages of copy and express political views in writing
• Understanding of audience, written rhetorical appeals, and visual rhetoric
• Excellent time management skills needed to manage multiple projects
• Strong knowledge of politics and conservative ideology
• Solid research and analysis abilities
• Desire to make a difference
• Passion for politics and conservative cause
• Belief in conservative ideology
• Ability to work quickly and independently
• BA/BS degree
• 1-3 years of experience
• Freelance and Remote
• Client load, hours, and pay negotiable
• Contract terms negotiable – ideal candidate will be willing to work with clients through November 2022 or beyond
• Fully remote position
• Flexible client load
• Opportunity to write for leading conservative candidates
• Pay commensurate with experience
About HSP Direct
HSP Direct is a full-service, direct mail fundraising agency. Committed to delivering innovation, creativity, and performance, HSP Direct collaborates with its clients to help them achieve the fundraising results they demand. With deep expertise and a proven track record in copy writing, production, and analysis, HSP Direct conceptualizes, coordinates and executes fundraising programs that help their clients achieve their goals. Today, HSP Direct has more than 85 employees and mails more than 75 million fundraising appeals per year.
THE WASHINGTON POST NAMES HSP DIRECT A 2019 TOP WASHINGTON-AREA WORKPLACE
HSP Direct has been named one of The Washington Post’s 2019 Top Workplaces in the Washington, D.C. area. Asked about being selected, CEO Jamie Hogan said, “We strive to cultivate an engaging and rewarding work environment for our employees. To be acknowledged by our staff as a Top Workplace is a high honor for us.”
Here’s our feature on Top Workplaces: https://topworkplaces.com/publication/washington/hsp-direct/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. HSP Direct will not sponsor work visas.
Job Type: Independent Contract
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor’s (Preferred)
• Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
• Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
• Fully Remote
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected], and indicate your interest in the Political Campaign Copywriter (Freelance/Remote) and reference Majority Hunter.