Top Political Firm is seeking a Campaign Staff Accountant to assist with fundraising operations for high-profile candidates and top-targeted races for the 2022 midterms and beyond.
HSP Direct, an elite, direct mail fundraising agency is looking for a Campaign Staff Accountant in our Client Accounting department to assist our Political Candidate Clients. This position reports to the Director of Campaign Fundraising and VP of Administration. In addition to a great salary and benefits, HSP Direct offers a collaborative and fun culture where talent thrives, career growth is nearly unlimited, and the ability to have a direct impact and involvement in some of the highest-profile races during the 2022 cycle.
This position requires an attentive self-starter who will take ownership of assigned tasks and the challenges they present. It also requires someone who takes the initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them.
Top candidates will have experience or interest in political campaigns or accounting.
We’re currently hiring for senior and junior positions within the department.
The Campaign Staff Accountant provides accounting support for the companies’ political clients, maintains clients’ accounting books related to their fundraising program, as well as performs financial analysis to assist internal decision making. The Campaign Staff Accountant will compile financial reports for each client, interact with campaign teams and compliance officials directly, and work collaboratively with various internal departments to ensure that bills are paid, and revenue is collected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Process accounts payable invoices – transaction entry and processing
• Process cash receipts – transaction entry and processing
• Monitor daily cash balance
• Complete monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc client reports, including balance sheets and profit-and-loss statements
• Assist in preparation of internal reports as needed
• Assist on other projects as needed
• Provide client customer service
• Assist in identifying opportunities in the accounting systems to streamline processes
• Detail oriented, quick learner, who can work at an above-average pace.
• Takes initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them.
• Strong communications skills and analytical skills.
• Work collaboratively in teams.
• Able to provide excellent client service.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or with an accounting emphasis preferred.
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• At least 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping experience.
• Full time
• Health/dental/vision coverage
• 401(k) matching contribution
• Annual profit-sharing contribution
• Matching charity donations and Volunteer PTO
• Quarterly company-wide employee engagement activities
• Onsite fitness center
How to Apply:
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration. Responses without a cover letter will not be considered. To learn more about us, please visit our website, http://hspdirect.com.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Matt Brown at [email protected], and indicate your interest in the Campaign Staff Accountant.
About the Company
HSP Direct is a full-service, direct mail fundraising agency. Committed to delivering innovation, creativity, and performance, HSP Direct collaborates with its clients to help them achieve the fundraising results they demand. With deep expertise and a proven track record in copywriting, production, and analysis, HSP Direct conceptualizes, coordinates, and executes fundraising programs that help their clients achieve their goals. Today, HSP Direct has more than 85 employees and mails more than 100 million fundraising appeals per year.
THE WASHINGTON POST NAMES HSP DIRECT A 2019 TOP WASHINGTON-AREA WORKPLACE
HSP Direct has been named one of The Washington Post’s 2019 Top Workplaces in the Washington, D.C. area. Asked about being selected, CEO Jamie Hogan said, “We strive to cultivate an engaging and rewarding work environment for our employees. To be acknowledged by our staff as a Top Workplace is a high honor for us.”
Here’s our feature on Top Workplaces: https://topworkplaces.com/publication/washington/hsp-direct/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. HSP Direct will